I have had a hankering for Chicken Marsala for at least a month. So I went to Spec's Liquor to get a few cooking wines for the pantry. We have been too busy to make any dishes that take any time. Finally, was able to make this wonderful dish. No mushrooms on hand, but great anyways.
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
2t salt and cracking of pepper mill
1-1 1/2 c marsala wine
1c chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half (optional)
3T olive oil
1. Pound chicken breast inside a gallon size ziplock. Use the flat side of the meat pounder. Evenly pound until about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Mix flour, parsley, salt and pepper in a pie plate.
3. Dredge chicken in flour. Meanwhile, add olive oil to the skillet on medium heat.
4. Brown the chicken in oil for 4-5 minute. Do not cook all the way.
5. When all chicken has been browned and put aside. Deglaze the pan with Marsala, it will get thick so whisk quickly and also add the chicken broth. When thoroughly whisked together, add chicken back to the pan and reduce heat to simmer. Add 2T butter to pan. Add lid to pan. Simmer for 20-25 min or until a internal thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Serve with Angelhair Pasta or with a wild rice pilaf.